Monday, April 25, 2011

Organizer bins are not always evil.

I am not a big fan of organizer bins (for myself, that is).  I have a tendency to put a million things in them, put them "away" and then they and their contents are never seen again.  Only a very special few have functioned well in my house.  Here's an example of a Bin Success Story.

Before, under my sink was a hot mess (I love it when Niecy Nash used to say that that on Clean House):



I ventured into this scary place and found:
  • 3 bottles of lotion with about 1 inch of lotion at the bottom
  • 2 aerosol cans of deodorant (only one works)
  • about 10 hair products that didn't work for me but apparently were worth saving for years on end in my bathroom cabinet
  • some expensive salon conditioner that I thought had been used up ages ago
I put the daily-use items in a bin, pulled a few hair products to give away, and put the lotions on my countertop so they will be used up this week.  The cabinet still isn't pretty, but is a lot more functional now:



I also put everything in an organizer bin that has a handle so I can slide it out in the morning when I'm getting ready.  No more fishing around looking for things in the dark depths.

We'll see if this bin makes the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment