You've heard all of the excuses.
But the funny part is that I can come up with even MORE reasons when I don't actually want something but think I should keep it.
My grandmother recently moved into an assisted living facility and had to pare down most of her possessions. A lot of these items trickled down to family members, including me. One of the items my father really wanted me to have is this commemorative candle. I think Princess Diana was a wonderful person and I am certain a lot of people own and love this candle that honors her. However, I don't need this to remember her. I don't know if my grandmother felt she she did, either. I have no idea where she got it. I don't burn candles (flame + fluffy cat tail = bad smell and frantic craziness) in the house and don't really like crystal/glassware.
Here are the reasons I keep telling myself why I should keep this:
- it's from a family member
- it's possibly worth something
- my dad wants me to have it
- my dad may notice someday that I don't have it
- I should want it because it was my grandmother's possession
- I don't really like it
- I have other things that are special that were my grandmother's and that I do love and enjoy
- my dad would not be crushed forever if he knew I didn't want it
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.....