Today I decided to work on my desk top. Unfortunately, the clutter here seems to linger, mostly because it's something I'm currently using, don't know where to put, etc. -- all of the usual excuses. Let's take a look and see what I started with:
- put the samples in my makeup box to get used up
- filled a small bag of samples for my mom/sister to use
- tucked the tissues back where they belong behind the monitor
- found the perfume refills and packaged them up with the atomizer. If my mom/sister don't want them I'll put them on Freecycle
- put the flash drive with my others in the "computer stuff" storage bin (to be cleared out later)
- copied the CD (there's one under the samples) to my iPod and will pass it on to my dad to enjoy
- cleaned/wiped down the entire desk top (cat hair has a tendency to multiply)
Here's my "after" picture:
You'll see that in my world, de-cluttered doesn't mean empty. I actually like to have the things I use/need out in front of me (i.e. the pens and paper, lotion, cup) but there is a line that gets crossed -- from happy/homey/comfy to cluttered! I am back on the safe side of the line now.
What area will you de-clutter today?